The village Planinica is situated on the 18th km of the highway Pirot - Sukovo – border between Serbai and Bulgaria, and in it is located monastery of St Nicholas. Monastery has small dimensions. It has trefoil ground plan dating from the 16th century, and it was painted in 1606.
On the inscription preserved on the western wall of the narthex above the entrance door is written year of church painting. The architecture of the church and its frescos are important for studying artistic creative work in this part of Serbia during the Turkish occupation.
Small, ground economic buildings are also situated in the monastery complex. The monastery Slava is St Nicholas and the monastery has been under protection of the state since 1967.